Marriages & Civil Partnerships

Booking Wedding RegistrarFor residents who have not had their green, blue and browns collected this week, see important update here. Where an advance booking for a marriage has been made, it is essential that a formal notice be given to the Superintendent Registrar as soon as you are legally in a position to do so. Return the completed booking type with a cheque or postal order for the appropriate amount payable to Darlington Borough Council” and a receipt will be posted to you. We aim to respond to your provisional booking application within two working days by e mail. Civil ceremonies can contain exchanging wedding rings, readings, songs or music, but ought to not include anything that’s religious such as hymns or readings from the Bible.

A provisional booking really should be produced in writing to the Superintendent Registrar of the district in which you intend to get married. Hi we are not obtaining married untill november 2012 and we booked our registrar yesterday (day immediately after booking venue). A notice of marriage is valid for 1 year, but it is often advisable to make a booking as quickly as you can.

Notice of marriage can be given up to a year just before the wedding and is attested by independent individual interview. The dates and instances of availability for ceremonies are managed and at the discretion of the Superintendent Registrar. The law requires that you are accompanied by two witnesses at your wedding or civil partnership. Both parties will want to give in individual a separate Notice of Marriage to the Superintendent Registrar of the District where they reside.

If you are getting a marriage at the Register Office (Backhouse Hall) and are providing notice of marriage elsewhere as a resident of a different district, then you can make an appointment to meet the Registrar just before the wedding who will show you the venue and give you some details about what will come about during the wedding. If you wish to convert your Civil Partnership to a Marriage then you ought to get in touch with the Superintendent Registrar to arrange this who will also be capable to clarify any further queries you have. The Registrar will then register your marriage and post out your marriage certificate.

You really should nevertheless make contact with the Register Office or location of marriage to make the suitable ceremony booking before giving notice of marriage at Middlesbrough. An official or nominated photographer/videographer is welcome to stand with the Registrar throughout the wedding to capture the event. Then confirm with the Superintendent Registrar that our registration officers will be offered on that day at that time.

Related Post